technically it is not summer yet, but it feels like it. We had blue skies and 80 degree temps this past weekend and we are set to enjoy several more days of this bliss. Given the rain that we usually experience this time of year, I am beside myself with glee.
Saturday started out with left over sprouted quinoa, berries, peanut butter and raw protein powder.
I am not sure how I feel about this protein powder. So far, I don’t love it in smoothies or oatmeal/ quinoa. Perhaps it will be a good protein powder to bake with?
After a quick gym sesh, I came home to do computer work in the sun.
Burt also got his sun on:
On Sunday we had breakfast at a new coffee shop (however, I forgot my camera, so no photos), I got back on my bike for the first time in a looooong time and I discovered that I actually really like riding outside. I would imagine part of this love affair had to with the weather. After our mini bike ride we got to tackling our house, we cleaned, hung a few pictures, worked on the yard (well, Keith worked on the yard), hit up the grocery store, then made our first grill out feast in our new back yard. Woot!
I dined on this medley of homemade cole slaw, kale, grilled veggies and there is a buffalo burger patty underneath there some where. I made this miso tahini dressing for the kale portion and it was amaze.
I also enjoyed half of sir sweet potato
My other dining partner
I went inside to grab my dessert and this is what I came out to
I need to take a moment to touch on dessert.
I finally purchased Jordan almonds and cinnamon bears. There is a little bulk candy section at the Grocery store we frequent and every time I pass it, I dream of indulging. I am so glad I did. These nuggets of naughty really hit the spot. This may not be the healthiest of choices, but it was exactly what I was craving, so I only needed a few to satisfy me.
And with that, I am off to walk the pug.
This post is full randomness- proceed with caution.
1. Some dreams are not meant to come true. I ordered Lance from Proform on 01/27/2012 under the guise that he was to ship out on 01/28/2012.
2. On 02/01/2012 Lance still remained comfortably in Proform’s warehouse. Nobody could really explain why he still resided there, so the fellas at Proform threw in a free bike mat and a lovely 5% off of sir Lance with an assurance that Lance would be venturing my way on the following day with an email to confirm such endeavors.
3. As of 02/07/2012 and a few conversations with the folks at Proform, Lance still had not shipped. Again, I never really got an explanation as to why Lance was not on his way to my humble abode. Apparently, Lance was just not interested in leaving the warehouse, so I let Lance live there and decided to cancel my order.
4. A few hours later on 02/07/2012 Proform gives me a ring and asks me if I really want to let Lance live in their warehouse. Proform generously offers me the very same discount they previously offered with promises to ship Sir Lance tomorrow or the following Monday. I decline due to sheer annoyance. I was done with that silly little dance.
5. On 02/10/2012 a rectangular box arrived. In Mr. box is the mat that Sir Lance was to reside on, so I have a bike mat but no bike. A very sad day.
On to more uplifting things. Burt’s dream did come true when I graced him with a very large beef stick. Hmmm that sounds a little naughty.
Side note: I spy an old man slipper in both pictures. They might be one of my favorite articles of clothing.
I had eggs for breakfast yesterday and didn’t hate it. This deserves a notable mention because I do not eat eggs for breakfast and I have always wanted to be one of those gals who could eat eggs for breakfast. Big dreams.
I bring you one baked sweet potato & 1 egg +1 egg white.
I became ambitious yesterday and replenished my egg stash with a dozen more eggs, assuming I had just transformed into an eggs-for-breakfast gal. Yesterday’s breakfast was great, but I did not want a repeat today. Turns out I really am not an eggs-for-breakfast gal. I am an ezekiel-peanutbutter-banana-for-breakfast gal. You can’t win ‘em all.
I also had big dream of drinking Dandy blend instead of my normal caffeinated cup-of-joe.
Dandy Blend is a caffeine free beverage that tastes remarkably similar to coffee without any of the negative side effects that traditional coffee offers. I really enjoyed the taste of this beverage; however, it will not replace my caffeinated friend. I will, however, enjoy Dandy in addition to coffee. I realize I completely missed the point of this beverage, but, again, you can’t win ‘em all.
That is all of the randomness I have to offer today. I am off to the gym to use their spin bike and lift some heavy things.