oh the joys of moving
We are moving in to our new abode on Saturday (aka tomorrow).
While I am so excited to move in, I have turned into a terrible packer. I am 31 years of age and I have been moving almost every year since I was 18, so I should be a pro; however, we have been in this apartment for two years and it would appear my skills are rusty. I hate packing and I feel overwhelmed by it, so instead of packing I am blogging about packing.
In the midst of the packing madness, I left a bag of trash out last might when we went to grab some dinner from Whole Foods. Our trash is usually under lock and key in our trash compactor. This does not seem like a big deal. However, we have a pug that will eat until he explodes and has no discretion about what he is eating. Needless, to say we came home to trash all over the kitchen floor. Again, not a big deal. However, there were oodles of coffee grounds in there and Burt weighs 17 lbs. I knew this was not a an amazing combo. I immediately jumped on the internet to figure out what to do. Several of the posts stated “get off the internet and call your vet!” Fair enough. We currently live across the street from an animal ER. I always thought how convenient it would be if we ever needed to take Burt in. With 48 hours to go, I found out just how convenient it is. Thanks for that, Burt.
Side note: 2 weeks ago Burt turned into a ninja and got on our kitchen counter. This move yielded him a large, raw clove of garlic and 3/4ths of a banana and its peel. We have had Burt for nearly two years and he has never attempted such moves. No idea what crawled up his knickers that day. The next day Burt yakked on the rug twice and denied his breakfast. Burt never turns down a meal. I knew pug pants was not in a good place, so we took a trip to the vet. Turns out garlic is toxic to dogs. After monitoring him for a week, I got a call from the vet on Tuesday (of this week) telling me all his blood work came back perfectly healthy, so we were all good, until I turned into a ding dong and left the trash out. As it stands right now, the vet discovered that he did not eat any coffee grounds, but he did consume a good amount of currants. In America, currants are dried grapes. Grapes can be toxic to dogs, so sir Burt is resting comfortably in the ER for the next 48 hours, so they can flush his kidneys to ensure he does not reap the benefits of toxicity. Somebody’s bed is noticeably vacant today.