Grain Free Spice Muffins
In my kitchen domination post on Monday, I mentioned the recipe for grain free, protein packed spice muffins. These muffins are similar to a spice bread I made not so long ago, but the recipe for that was only shared with those who read skinspot’s letter of news. Side note: if you want to be a part of this very elite club, sign up here. However, I switched up the recipe a bit for two reasons: 1. I wanted muffins instead of a loaf (hate the word “loaf”) of bread to aid in portion control. 2. I needed to find a use for the Amande yogurt that I purchased, because I am not a huge fan of it on its own.
And with those very important facts, I bring you the recipe. This recipe was adapted from Elana’s Pumpkin Pie Muffins.
- 1c almond flour
- 1/2c vanilla spice protein powder- you could use any vanilla protein powder
- 1/2c pumpkin pie puree- you could also use regular pumpkin puree
- 1/2c Amande- you could use Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, or 1C of pumpkin puree instead of the 1/2c mentioned above.
- 1/3c molasses- you could also use maple sryup, but it would lose some of the “spice”
- 1/4t sea salt
- 2T coco oil
- dash of cloves
- 1t cinnamon
- 1/2t nutmeg
- 1/4t ginger
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1t vanilla
- preheat oven to 350
- grease muffin tins with coco oil, or line w/ paper liners
- combine all wet ingredients in a large size bowl
- combine all dry ingredients, including spices, in a medium size bowl
- add dry ingredients to wet
- disperse batter among muffin tin
- bake for 30-35 min
On a different note: I discovered a new snack.
Baked sweet potato + 1/2c 2%Greek yogurt+ 1T ground flax= pure bliss
Burt got to clean up the Greek yogurt container. Who needs a dishwasher?
And with that, I am off. Happy Wednesday!