crock pot love
yesterday I mentioned that had a chicken, brown rice medley in the crock pot and I said I would share if it was edible. Well, hot dog, it was edible AND tasty. To boot, it is ridiculously easy to make. Every time I use the crock pot, I think why do I not use this more and it always takes me months to use it again. It is time to stop that insanity.
- 1 slow cooker/ crock pot
- 2 boneless, skinless, loved on, organic chicken breasts
- 1c sprouted brown rice (the sprouted part is not a necessity)
- 2c chopped kale
- 1c organic chicken broth
- 1c unsweetened coconut milk
- 1T honey mustard
- 2T coconut aminos (Tamari or soy sauce will also work)
- 1 large broccoli head (chopped)
- 3/4 small bag of frozen mango
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- dash of salt & pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1t tumeric
- 1t paparika
- place brown rice at the bottom of crock pot.
- place chicken breasts on top of brown rice
- place all spices, garlic, honey mustard, & coconut aminos on chicken
- add the chicken broth and coconut milk
- add chopped broccoli & frozen mango
- cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-5hours.
- after done cooking turn the slow cooker to warm and add 2c chopped kale then stir and serve.
I topped with hot sauce, avocado, & garlic salt
And enjoyed with a lovely glass of vino
burt kept a close eye
Dessert involved 2 cookies, 2 pieces of dark chocolate and a kombucha
And that is all for now.