lentils and muffins
good times with both.
On Sunday, I made Angela’s lentil soup and I am thrilled to the gill that I did so. The only changes I made were: I used less curry, but added cumin & turmeric. I also added more water (only because I cooked all of the water out of it) and a titch of hot sauce. I also did not puree a portion of the soup simply because I did not want to wash the blender. After the soup was finished, I piled it a top a bed of welcoming kale. This soup is so filling and tasty, not to mention, so dang easy and full of good-for-you nonsense.
On sunday I also had a hankering for muffins, so I decided to put one of my many protein powders to work. I bring you gluten-free, protein-packed, spice muffins:
To be perfectly honest, these were not my finest creation. They are a little too dry. I think this could be rectified with coconut oil, grass-fed butter, or an overly ripe, mashed banana. Next time…
I am sharing this recipe with you in hopes, that with your tweak of choice, they will be divine. I may, or may not ,make these again. Honestly, I have a hard time making anything twice only because I get a silly little rush out of seeing how new recipes turn out. I know, I am bonkers.
- 3/4 cup Teff Flour
- 3/4 cup Millet Flour
- 3/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 3 scoops (or 1/2 c) Vanilla Egg White Protein Powder. ( I used Vitol’s Egg White Protein Powder you could use any protein powder you like. This protein powder is sweetened with stevia, so it helped to make the muffins sweeter, if you powder is not sweetened, I would add additional sweetener)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 tsp Cloves, Ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.5 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
1. preheat oven to 350
4. mix all ingredients with a hand mixer
5. fill muffin cups 3/4 full with mixture
6. cook for 15-20min (depending on how full you actually fill the muffin tins)- remove when toothpick runs clean
7. allow to cool for 5 min
apply butter, nut butter or any other topper.
Enjoy with wild Abandon!