big plans for 2012
After much pondering, I have finally put together my 2012 resolutions. I do not know what got up my knickers this year, usually I do not give resos a second thought; however, this year it was all I could think of. I still feel like there is so much more that I want to add, but I fear that I would bore any readers to tears, so I made a private lengthier list for my viewing pleasure. That is my first gift to you in 2012. You’re welcome. If I had to pick one reso that I want to concentrate on it would be to get out of my head and into the world. Often times I think things to death and as a result I think myself right out of opportunities. This problem rears its ugly head on a day-to-day basis with even the most mundane of tasks. More importantly, my over thinking often stops me from participating social events. I am a bit of an introvert by nature; however, I am happiest among people, but it takes a silencing of my noggin’ to get myself among the living. I know I would be so much happier if I would just get my fanny out there and quit thinking about it! Thankfully I do not NEED to pick just one reso, I decided to elaborate on the above reso and here is what I came up. Keep in mind this is still the condensed version. Sweet Jesus I have high hopes for 2012.
- Eat more mindful- watch the mindless snacking. To help get me there I am going to record what I eat for a wee bit
- Get involved in the community. Find something to be a part of. i.e. yoga, or meditation group, book club
- Step away from the TV, computer & phone after 8:30 PM. Start reading a great book or just be with the husband & pug
- Be more efficient with my time. This is really a procrastination issue.
- Learn our new baby (our camera)
- Buy a house!
- Dress up more
- Be the proud owner of the Pro Form Le Tour De France bike
- Develop & grow one helluva health coaching practice
- Find a productive & creative way to integrate fullspot, skinspot and my health coaching practice
- Freelance. Write for Portland Monthly, Sunset, Real Simple, Oxygen or Clean Eating.
And with that, I am exhausted. I am REALLY geeked for 2012! I hope that Mayan Calendar thing doesn’t come to fruition because I have a very large to-do list.
I will leave you with this. Thanks to Ashleigh’s photo skills. Check out more of her photos and her witty-ness over at The Adventures of Ashleigh, Eric & Mr. Beefy.